Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

HillynHall

HillynHall

Learning to love the skin your in.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012
So I have recently come to a conclusion. I think one of the reasons so many women get fed up with diets and exercise is the simple fact that they are trying to achieve the "wrong" perfection...let me explain.

If I were spend my whole life, day and night eating like a bird and exercising like a monster I would never in a million years have Kiera Knightly's figure. I just wouldn't! Its not genetically possible! And on the flip side Kiera Knightly couldn't achieve an hour glass figure if she wanted to! 


     Kiera Knightly's body type is 100% different than Mine. And honestly that's 100% okay! No body type is "better" or  "more attractive" than the other. So basically I could spend all my time in the gym trying to become rail thin like Kiera with no boobs so I could wear those cute plunging neck lines...but why? For what? Why not embrace the body God gave me!? Instead of beating ourselves up trying to be who we're not, we should start to trying to achieve OUR physically best body. Nobody Elses. 


So here's what we need to do...Instead of hanging up a picture of a woman on the inside of our refrigerator who's body is completely genetically different than ours which in turn after a few months of killing ourselves to be thin like them or curvy like the them (whatever this particular perfection we are trying to achieve is) Instead, why not find someone who shares your body type and is more realistic for us and our genetic makeup. The truth is, every body type is sexy. A woman who loves her body because its strong and healthy is beautiful no matter her size/shape/weight or proportion. Here's some tips on finding fitness motivation for YOUR body type. :-)



There are a few basic types I want to share. I just found a few woman to represent fitness in each body type and hopefully these women may help inspire you to strive a fitter version of the your body Its very clear all these women in all these shapes and sizes are beautiful. Now. Decide which one is most like you and work for it! With hard work and dedication you can achieve it! 


Body type A. Naturally thin/Petite: These are women with naturally low body fat, features are small and petite with minimal curves and not large amounts of muscle. If that's you I have chosen Kiera Knightly as your fitness role model. With a little healthy eating exercise and you are on your way to a Kiera Knightly Physique!



Body Type B. The Hourglass Shape: This one is pretty self explanatory. Women with this body type are wider at the bust and hips and typically have a narrower waist. I've chosen Kim Kardsahian as your inspiration. Work hard and your body has the potential to look like this! 

Body Type C. Athletic Shape: You naturally have good muscle definition. Its easy for you to build muscle. You were blessed with naturally Strong arms and legs. Usually women who fall into this category have a bit straighter silhouette with some lean muscular curve.  If this sounds like you I have chosen Jillian Michael's as your body inspiration!


Body type D. Plus Size: Extra curvaceous women. There is a common misconception among women today, which tells us that skinny women are healthy and fit, and plus size women are not. This can be so misleading! A plus size woman can be 50X more fit than a naturally thin woman. I chose H&M's model Tara-Lynn as your fitness inspiration. She is so gorgeous and curvy, and she works it! Embrace it. 


Body Type E. Curvy Shape: Lots of Vavavoom!  Feminine curves from head to toe! Curvy women typically have a larger bust, with a curvaceous hips and torso. Similar to the Hour glass but wider at the waist. I've chosen Marilyn as your inspiration.


I hope these women I've chosen help inspire you to work hard and LOVE your body. As it has been made clear, each body type is different unique and undoubtedly beautiful! Don't kill yourself trying to turn yourself into someone else. Embrace what you have! Post pictures around the house of these women use them and inspiration to get fit! 









3 comments

  1. Such an awesome post! It definitely makes perfect sense to choose someone with your own body type, and yet, I've ever thought of it that way. Thanks for opening my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out which one I am! lol I think I'm in between. But I loved reading about this!

    Sarah Smith :)

    ReplyDelete