Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

HillynHall

HillynHall

Whats in my bag?

Monday, January 23, 2012

So for my first blog post I thought I would share a few of my favorite health/wellness beauty products I've found over the years. If anybody knows me well, you know I looove to try all sorts of new products and lines and go crazy like a kid in a candy store at the sight of Sephora! Ever since I was a little girl I have been fascinated by the skincare industry and all its advances, while going through esthetician school I learned to much more about different ingredients and how they work and have effect on our skin---SO interesting! Although one thing that's always kind of "bugged" me is whenever you go to a beauty counter you KNOW the person behind the counter is just trying to sell you whatever they possibly can, whether they like it or it has made their face break out like a pubescent teenager! YIKES! On top of that some products out there you would NEVER want to put on your little face if you knew what was in them! Eek! So here are things that I've found.trust.love.and can't live without! ;)

#1 First up is my all time favorite mascara! The rounded brush reaches all those teenie tiny baby lashes and is great for bottom lashes also. People ask often if I'm wearing false lashes and I just have to rave to them about this stuff! Granted its quite expensive for mascara, I promise you it is worth every penny....and  also has changed my "every mascara is equal" mentality..definitely not so! I have sensitive eyes and can barely wear any lotion without them starting to water like faucet but this stuff has never bothered them a bit! Its great find! 



#2 Eye lash curler by Shu Umera...Originally created for Asian eyes this baby will give you baby doll lashes in just one pump! *For a curl that lasts throughout the day blow dry your curler for 8 seconds and then proceed to curl! (Good ol tips passed down from my mama) 




#3 What is more annoying than spending all night getting ready for a hot date only to have it all melt off a half hour into the date?! I know you've been there...This stuff will become your new best friend! Super fine makeup setting mist developed by Urban Decay in partner with Skindinavia a skin care line that I have loved and trusted for years! When is the last time you came home from a long day at work and you looked just as fresh as when you left that morning!? This super fine, patent pending, temperature regulation technology will blow your mind. I've got all my sisters and friends hooked on it! So nice to come home from work and be able to slip on a dress quick slick on a new shade of lipstick and be out on a date with my husband in a matter of minutes!  


#4 Natural, non irritating, moisturizing and just down right amazing. Yes, you can use this for cooking. BUT! It also makes for an excellent eye makeup remover! You can find this in the ethnic foods aisle for around 10 dollars a jar, but will last you a good 6-8 months! As I mentioned before my eyes react to EVERYTHING....except coconut oil! Coconut oil is also hypoallergenic and has antibacterial qualities so it will not clog pores as some other oils do. Lots of over the counter eye makeup removers also contain alcohol that over time dries out the skin and can cause the thin skin on the under eye area to wrinkle. I find this to be a much better alternative to expensive alcohol based eye makeup removers. Plus its good and moisturizing to keep our peepers young and wrinkle free forever! (Well at least a little longer than otherwise :)

#5 Last but not least this little pot of prettiness! California Sun glow by Steiner London is by far the face/body bronzer I have found. Tried many and this one still takes the cake. For a night out a little bit of this  dusted over the decollete is so sexy! The fine shimmer is pretty feminine and suttle not "senior prom sparklie", or orange! Its pretty,  "just came in from a lounging by the sea" color. I'm crazy about it! It will last you over a year! I believe it runs around $40.00 but it goes a LONG way! And for a bronzer than doesn't make you look like a pumpkin, its worth it. :)





#6 No...not planning on having  a baby anytime soon (Have waay more traveling to get out of my system before then!) However,  I take these daily for my hair skin and nails! If you take a  look at the ingredients list of prenatal vitamins, its basically just a double dose of normal every day vitamins, thus it makes your hair grow like crazy!!! Discovered this little trick a few years ago after getting a horrible haircut and reading up on any possible way to make my hair grow faster! Low and behold these little capsules worked!

Hope you enjoyed my very first blog post! Stay tuned for my next blog post 'Travel Essentials every woman needs!'

2 comments

  1. Thank you for the coconut oil tip.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Its great! I love it! Let me know how it works for you, Sue! :)

      Delete