Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

HillynHall

HillynHall

Naughty foods made Nice

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

For a quite a while now I have been an exercise enthusiast, it wasn't until a few months ago that I really started to hone in on my diet. I was able to achieve most of my goals through mostly exercise and continuing my 'healthier than most' as in, I usually stayed away from soda and junk food but I basically ate whatever was available for meal times. So not 'bad'--- but not 'good'. Recently I've discovered I really enjoy cooking, so the last few months I've found a couple excellent tasting and best of all healthy substitute recipes for my husband and I. These recipes I am about to share are tried and true and YES, husband approved :) Fall is the time of year for rich cozy comfort foods, instead of going without them this year, try these slimmed down versions! Just as good sans the guilt! ;)

*These arent my own personal recipes but they are ones that I have found on the internet and made and liked that are definitely worth giving a try!


Skinny chicken enchiladas! So great! Mexican food is normally super high in calories and if your in the mood for it, this definitely hits the spot! Simple changes like using greek yogurt in place of sour cream to gives it a great creamy texture! This recipes is an awesome skinny alternative! You won't feel jipped! I also use whole wheat tortillas (which they didnt in this recipe!) Even less guilty! :)






Another high calorie meal that is a definite favorite of mine---Pasta Alfredo! I've known the calorie count of this dish for years so I've tried to stay away for the most part, but now I have discovered the secret! Avocado! My husband is a pasta snob and very Italian and I'll tell you this- it's even Italian pasta snob approved, now thats good! 






...And all this time you've thought chocolate ice cream was off limits......



http://userealbutter.com/2010/08/12/single-ingredient-ice-cream-recipe/


Spaghetti? You got it! I didnt feel a bit unsatisfied using Quinoa instead of spaghetti noodles. I love this because I can cook up the quinoa in the rice cooker, its done in 10 minutes and then I just pour the sauce add a little parmesan cheese on top and wa-la! Healthy "spaghetti" lunch or dinner!
(another good alternative for spaghetti is spaghetti squash I'll post a link on how to prepare that below!)You'd be surprised how much a squash can taste like pasta!



Light Pumpkni cheesecake.Satisfy your cheesecake and pumpkin spice cravings here. Light fluffy and delectable!




This last one I didn't find online I just sort of stumbled upon it while having a major chocolate craving one morning.  I named it 'Almond Joy Oatmeal', and oh what a joy it is to indulge in its chocolatyness!

*Prepare quaker oatmeal (not the packets--lots of added sugar in those) then add unsweetened cocoa powder a teaspoon to a tablespoon, its up to you! Next throw in some coconut flakes and almonds and ENJOY!





As an end to this post I wanted to post this photo that was posted by a fitness studio I attend. Normally I wouldnt post a picture of ladies backsides on my blog but this is so true and it really gives you perspective. Remember--- to get the body you want, you have to include all the components of a healthy lifestyle. Its not about JUST eating better or JUST working out...its about changing your entire way of living. Eating better, moving more, and letting your body get the rest it needs to be at its best! If you baked a cake with a third of the ingredients needed, it might turn out... but it wouldn't be the best. Same with your body. To build your best body you need 3 main ingredients: Diet, exercise and sleep. The recipes simple. :)
Be encouraged! Keep up the good work! 



2 comments

  1. You should try the app BBC Good Food on Google Chrome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love new apps! Will give it a try! Thanks Arnoldo!

      Delete