If you are in a jam and need to go out immediately after a gym session this is probably the most important step, because ladies should ALWAYS smell good. Even if you don't look good, smelling good is important! Now while I always suggest you shower right away if you have the option, sometimes you just don't....My gym doesn't have a shower, so when in dire straights and your determined not to skip your workout, (assuming your not on your way to a hot date or anything!) Here is how to cope!
1. Wet wipes. A little sponge bath freshen up your skin and remove sweat.
2. An extra swipe of deodorant.
3. Baby powder to absorb any dampness on the skin.
4. A fresh smelling perfume or body spray.
If emergency strikes and you find yourself in a time crunch after your sweat sesh, with no time to curl or straighten, ladies have 2 options.
1. Baseball cap or winter beanie or headband. Make sure its clean, a nice solid color that will match whatever you are wearing and tie your hair up into a nice neat bun and wear the hat. You immediately look like a polished sporty chick as opposed to sweaty wet dog.
2. Dry shampoo, I can often get away with this if its a lifting workout. (I usually don't get quite as sweaty and my hair is still slightly in tact. (as opposed to a cardio workout) Add a little dry shampoo to dry up any moisture at the roots. Tousle your hair and tie it into a cute messy ponytail, it looks unkept but purposely so ;)
1. Cleanse. This is important. Even if you only have time to splash water from the sink, its important to remove sweat from your face to avoid breakouts. I have a pack of Biore skin wipes in my gym bag just in case.
2. I love the glow skin has after a tough workout. Play it up with a simple sweep of blush, a natural colored lip gloss, and a swipe of travel size mascara. You can apply it in less than 1 minute and it helps you look relatively polished in record time.
1. A scarf is the simplest way to make an athletic outfit look appropriate for running a quick errand around town before or after a workout. Pick a flattering color, tuck it into a nice fitting warm up jacket. There you go! Fitness Chic.
2. To take it up a notch, add a pair of leather boots in place of your gym shoes.
*personally I think this look works best with a monochromatic color scheme, I like all black. Black is crisp, its chic, and its minimalist.
A pair of pearl earrings. I swear by this. Timeless, feminine and minimalist. A small detail that can have big impact on your vibe and add just the right touch of femininity to your sporty girl look.
A stylish pair of shades are the quickest, easiest accessory to throw on that can express your personal sense of style!
--Gym bag essentials--
--Small cosmetic bag with small blush compact, lip gloss, travel sized mascara)
--Extra baseball cap
--Sample size perfume (from Sephora)
--Small black scarf
--Biore facial wipes